The Energy Conservatory (TEC) has an immediate opening for a full-time Customer Service/Technical Support Representative. Located in Minneapolis, MN, TEC designs and manufactures high quality performance testing tools that are used to make buildings more efficient, healthy and durable. TEC products and software are used extensively in the weatherization, HVAC, and home building industries to diagnose building performance problems and to certify in-field system performance.
The successful candidate will be an energetic self-motivated individual that loves a challenge and can multi task in a number of areas. The position will be responsible for incoming call management, assisting with product selection for end users, placing orders into our accounting system and providing basic technical support on product operation.
As one of our Customer Service/Technical Support Representatives you will
- Confer with our end customers and distributors by telephone and email.
- Assist customers and prospects with appropriate product selection.
- Take orders and enter into our accounting system, as well as handle all manner of customer inquiries.
- Provide assistance to customers who have products in our repair and calibration department.
- Help resolve issues related to a customer account or related to a product purchased by the customer.
- Learn about our customers and the various tasks they perform with our products.
- Learn all aspects of our products including how to set up, install and operate product and related software.
- Provide technical support to TEC customers through phone, email and social media contacts.
- Provide valuable input to future product development based on customer discussions.
- Help to monitor industry bulletin boards and forums for positive and negative comments.
- Over time, assist with training of customers, and trade show booth staffing.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Exceptional oral communication skills.
- Good written communication skills will be extremely beneficial
- Experience with technical products such industrial instrumentation and pressure based instruments would be highly advantageous.
- Experience with building performance testing is very desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft based software as well as a solid understanding of installing and set-up of peripherals and other software applications. Cloud based program knowledge also a plus.
- Experience using productivity tools with mobile devices would be a plus.
- At least 2 years’ experience with technical customer service.
- A record of being an outstanding team player with professional attitude.
- Some college is desirable, especially in the areas of math and engineering.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and a curious nature of how things work.
- Personal interest in promoting energy efficiency and sustainable building practices is a must.
Frank Spevak, Marketing and Sales Manager
The Energy Conservatory
2801 21st Ave S, Ste 160
Minneapolis, MN 55407